Key Managed Services
Interim IT Management
Huntzinger Management Group provides healthcare organizations with interim CIO and other technical executives to maintain and advance IT initiatives. Huntzinger’s interim executives average 20-plus years of healthcare experience and have held numerous executive positions at prestigious organizations.
The Interim Executive Placement Process
Interim IT Management
Interim CIOs, VPs, Directors.
You Define the Role
There are multiple situations when an interim CIO can help organizations achieve their goals:
- Strategic Transformation – System upgrades, enterprise-wide deployments, the selection of new solutions and infrastructure, and many other initiatives can be advanced with interim CIOs who have a successful history of performing these transformations. In these situations, an interim CIO can be a catalyst for change, provide the needed leadership to drive the initiative, and stabilize the IT environment during the term of the engagement.
- Mentoring – An interim CIO can also serve as a mentor to cultivate the talent of individuals who may grow into a CIO role as they gain experience.
- Transitions – Recruiting a new CIO can take months or years. An interim CIO is a cost-effective way to bridge the gap during the transition by providing continued leadership for the delivery of in-flight projects, while protecting a significant budget component during the absence of a permanent CIO. Additionally, an interim CIO helps position and package IT strategies to minimize the transition period when a new CIO comes onboard.
- On-Demand Expertise – Budget constraints, geographic location and many other factors make it difficult for healthcare organizations to attract top talent. An interim CIO can provide needed expertise for a defined period, even for organizations that lack the budget to hire a permanent CIO with advanced skills and experience.
- Organizational and Staffing Assessment – An interim CIO can help organizations assess their staffing, skill sets and organizational needs to prepare for strategic initiatives.
We are very happy with the contract that we have, and we would certainly recommend Huntzinger Management Group. Compared to any other firm that we have worked with, Huntzinger Management Group is by far the easiest and the most straightforward to deal with.
CEO/President – KLAS Testimonial, Nov. 2018
Our consultant understands the big picture strategy as well as the technical things that we need. The consultant can work on strategies with our CMO, CNO, and COO. That is the big picture. The consultant can also work with our CFO to develop a financial plan to implement the strategic plan. The consultant has a really in-depth, detailed understanding of the technical and tactical ways that things actually work.
CEO/President, KLAS Testimonial, Nov. 2018
During their assessment, Huntzinger Management Group interviewed our people. Our employees really like them. The resources can navigate socially and politically with different personalities in our organization. We are now looking at keeping the resources here after the project is done.
CIO – KLAS Testimonial, Jan. 2019
Huntzinger Management Group is excellent. They were by far the most impressive of the firms we interviewed for our project. Their biggest strength is their expertise and knowledge. Our lead consultant is absolutely brilliant and has essentially become one of us.
CIO, KLAS Testimonial, Jan. 2019
The highly regarded professionals at Huntzinger were retained to perform IT strategic and technical assessment services. Their experience and proven approach was valuable in quickly creating a roadmap to improvements within our organization.
Laura Smith, VP & CIO
Unity Point Health
Huntzinger really partnered well with our team to push us where we needed a push. It was refreshing to work with a partner that was direct, honest and truthful about our condition (to include the recommendations for remediation), rather than tell us what we want to hear to secure the next contract. We rely on the hard truth to make things better.
Scott Arnold, Senior VP & CIO
Tampa General Hospital
Huntzinger's findings were extremely well documented. They gave us an IT roadmap of areas we need to currently address as we prepare for system selection and implementation.
Jim Cole, President and CEO
Virginia Hospital Center
Working with Huntzinger was seamless and they were very responsive and knowledgeable. We tended to forget that they weren't employees by the end of their work. They embedded themselves with our culture quite well.
Sherri Turcotte, Director of Clinical Informatics
Central Maine Healthcare
We have used Huntzinger for several project implementations. They were always quick to adapt to our ever-changing environment, driving our projects to successful completions.
Jeff Futterman, CIO
Huntzinger's role in our big-bang implementation was central to our success. We benefited from the best practices established through their experience working with many other healthcare systems. And when a problem came up, Huntzinger would let us know if it was expected — or if it was an unexpected issue that we should hold the vendor accountable to correct.
Denis Tanquay, CIO
Central Maine Healthcare
Huntzinger assisted us in developing a detailed IT roadmap to consolidate our applications suite and structure our IT organization more efficiently to better meet the business objectives of the organization. Their resources are seasoned professionals that have enabled us to accomplish more and enabled improved thought processes in challenging situations. We have realized tremendous value from our relationship with the Huntzinger team.
Jon Burns, Senior VP & CIO
University of Maryland Medical System