2020 Best in KLAS for HIT Advisory Services
Key Advisory Services
Huntzinger’s Merger, Acquisitions and Affiliations (MA&A) Services recognize the importance of including IT as a formal consideration early in the MA&A process. As such, Huntzinger starts with a proven Merger, Acquisition, and Affiliation Information Technology Methodology (MAAITM), which is a standardized set of tools and processes that are customized to the unique characteristics and requirements of each specific relationship, providing an actionable playbook to define the structured process for initial due diligence and a series of phased tools that can be utilized as the particular MA&A review progresses. The outcome is a seamless, efficient, and effective IT ecosystem that maximizes the benefits of the relationship.
A playbook to facilitate organizational integration.
The MAAITM Phases Include
Our approach follows four advisory phases to develop the customized MAAITM playbook, with an optional fifth phase, Implementation, to assist the organization(s) in successfully executing the expected outcome.
- Organization Vision — MAAITM begins with defining the Organization Vision, in which key questions are answered that pertain to organizational strategic objectives for the relationship, that once defined, establishes the direction for IT and the business model that IT is expected to support.
- Due Diligence — Documentation is then reviewed and interviews with key stakeholders and subject matter experts are conducted.
- MA&A Playbook — The MAAITM playbook is then produced and customized, containing such key documents as a Cost Model/Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Technical Impact (infrastructure, interfaces, software/applications etc.), personnel on-boarding, and a detailed transition plan.
- Knowledge Transfer — In this extremely critical phase, and one frequently neglected, there is a transfer of knowledge to the organization(s) on how the MAAITM playbook will be used to perform the integration, a communication process and protocol that will facilitate consistent and ongoing communication to key stakeholders, and how to use the MAAITM playbook to manage future mergers, acquisitions or affiliations.
- Implementation (optional) — An optional fifth phase is available for Huntzinger to assist the organization(s) in executing the direction provided in the MAAITM playbook.
We are very happy with the contract that we have, and we would certainly recommend Huntzinger Management Group. Compared to any other firm that we have worked with, Huntzinger Management Group is by far the easiest and the most straightforward to deal with.
CEO/President – KLAS Testimonial, Nov. 2018
Our consultant understands the big picture strategy as well as the technical things that we need. The consultant can work on strategies with our CMO, CNO, and COO. That is the big picture. The consultant can also work with our CFO to develop a financial plan to implement the strategic plan. The consultant has a really in-depth, detailed understanding of the technical and tactical ways that things actually work.
CEO/President, KLAS Testimonial, Nov. 2018
During their assessment, Huntzinger Management Group interviewed our people. Our employees really like them. The resources can navigate socially and politically with different personalities in our organization. We are now looking at keeping the resources here after the project is done.
CIO – KLAS Testimonial, Jan. 2019
Huntzinger Management Group is excellent. They were by far the most impressive of the firms we interviewed for our project. Their biggest strength is their expertise and knowledge. Our lead consultant is absolutely brilliant and has essentially become one of us.
CIO, KLAS Testimonial, Jan. 2019
The highly regarded professionals at Huntzinger were retained to perform IT strategic and technical assessment services. Their experience and proven approach was valuable in quickly creating a roadmap to improvements within our organization.
Laura Smith, VP & CIO
Unity Point Health
Huntzinger really partnered well with our team to push us where we needed a push. It was refreshing to work with a partner that was direct, honest and truthful about our condition (to include the recommendations for remediation), rather than tell us what we want to hear to secure the next contract. We rely on the hard truth to make things better.
Scott Arnold, Senior VP & CIO
Tampa General Hospital
Huntzinger's findings were extremely well documented. They gave us an IT roadmap of areas we need to currently address as we prepare for system selection and implementation.
Jim Cole, President and CEO
Virginia Hospital Center
Working with Huntzinger was seamless and they were very responsive and knowledgeable. We tended to forget that they weren't employees by the end of their work. They embedded themselves with our culture quite well.
Sherri Turcotte, Director of Clinical Informatics
Central Maine Healthcare
We have used Huntzinger for several project implementations. They were always quick to adapt to our ever-changing environment, driving our projects to successful completions.
Jeff Futterman, CIO
Huntzinger's role in our big-bang implementation was central to our success. We benefited from the best practices established through their experience working with many other healthcare systems. And when a problem came up, Huntzinger would let us know if it was expected — or if it was an unexpected issue that we should hold the vendor accountable to correct.
Denis Tanquay, CIO
Central Maine Healthcare
Huntzinger assisted us in developing a detailed IT roadmap to consolidate our applications suite and structure our IT organization more efficiently to better meet the business objectives of the organization. Their resources are seasoned professionals that have enabled us to accomplish more and enabled improved thought processes in challenging situations. We have realized tremendous value from our relationship with the Huntzinger team.
Jon Burns, Senior VP & CIO
University of Maryland Medical System